Am I The Only One Who Has Problem Downloading The Translatoin File?

aviramof

every time i'm trying to download the translation file using the regular ie downloader i get a file called dl.php and it's not a new problem it's an old one and i thoughet this problem would already be fixed long time ago any way if you could fix it please that would be great and thanks in advance.

if i rename the dl.php to utorrent.lng then it works but the link you gave me is very strange

because i don't get utorrent.lng file when i'm trying to download it i'm getting utorrent.zip

that is a file that full of txt files of the translations but it doesn't help me.

any way like i said renaming the dl.php had already solved my problem but the problem should

be solved for everyone not just for me.

i'm hoppping that you fix it somehow and goodluck.:)

you think it's crappy i don't and so does countless of people who are still using the WINXP SP2 IE6 VERSION and to be honest the only reason i don't try newer browsers is because my os in full hebrew version therfore i prefer left to right browsers and at the moment only ie 6/7 and in the future 8 and firefox are left to right browsers and firefox 2 i'v also tried for a week or so and didn't really liked him but still that there are still many many people using ie6 in english and in other languges so if there is a way to fix the problem that would be great and another thing when i'v tried downloading the translation via the utorrent softwere itself(version 1.7.7)it said there are no new translation or something like this despite the fact that i had no translation at all why is that and perhaps you can fix at least that problem and thanks in advance. :)

... You know what you have to do to get it to work with uT. Why are you continuing?? It needs to be named utorrent.lng and put into the settings.dat dir. How it gets there does not matter. That you download it with your IE as the raw dl.php does not matter. It is not a problem with the website so there is nothing to fix. The problem is with the OLD DEPRECATED version of IE not following established standards. Even with their "standards" mode of IE8 (which recently went beta 1 incidently) doesn't compare to "current" browsers.

I concur that "download translation" from the Help menu does not download anything, HOWEVER in the current testing version of 1.8 clicking "MORE" in the General pane of the Preferences does launch the same website...

Archived