Confused

insomni40

Please help.... I'm super confused and don't know what to do........ I have two problems with my Utorrent..... The first is whats going on now and that is that the icon at the bottom towards the middle of the applications main screen shows me the yellow triangle saying that I have limited or no incoming connections but when I click on that icon and then click on the "test if port is forwarded properly" icon the web page tells tells me that the port is forwarded correctly with the green "ok" message.... My downloads are not downloading but my ups are working but slowly.....

Second problem, The tracker site I'm a member of says that I'm not connectable or shows that I'm offline even though my Utorr is on and shows the green circle with a check mark in the middle of the screen at the bottom and my downloads/uploads are not downloading and uploading....... Its been like this for about a week..... Someone please help.... It's very frustrating? Thanks in advance!

What's the speed of your connection, both DOWN and UP?

What settings are you using in uTorrent, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

Have you tried Ultima's Troubleshooting Guide?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Especially the section for SLOW/INTERRUPTED INTERNET CONNECTION OR OFFLINE TRACKERS:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=258231#p258231

ISP speeds are typically in kilobits/sec or megabits/sec.

Download/upload FILE speeds are in KiloBYTES/sec or on very fast lines MEGABYTES/sec.

It takes about 9-10 kilobits/sec of bandwidth to move 1 file at 1 KiloBYTE/sec.

So 60 KiloBYTES/sec download speed is actually about 540 kilobits/sec of bandwidth.

...but you're only paying for 512 kilobits/sec.

Your upload bandwidth is considerably smaller, around 200 kilobits/sec by the sound of it.

Archived