BEFSR41V4, port forwarded, speed low

Monco

Hi all,

I've got a Linksys BEFSR41V4 router. I've forwarded a port which utorrent gave by default.

routereh4.jpg

My pc has a static IP, I turned off UpNp on both utorrent and router. But it doesn't make any difference, my connection is mostly yellow, and sometimes red. I've never had a green connection.

The port check says the port is closed, even though I opened it.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

If your computer has a static IP, it certainly doesn't seem like you sset it properly outside of the router's DHCP range (which defaults to 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149 on most Linksys routers)... Additionally, what modem are you using? What firewall?

Thank you for your reply.

I just tried 192.168.1.103, but it didn't matter. The port appears to be closed.

Modem: Speedtouch 510. Firewall: only the one that comes with Windows Vista. It shouldn't be blocking uTorrent though.

Outside of the DHCP range is the keyword. 192.168.1.103 is still well within 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149. Something like 192.168.1.50 would be outside the range.

The modem is also a router... you're going to have to check the manual's advanced port forwarding guide regarding double-NAT situations.

Funny, I didn't think it was a router as well. I've always assumed it was a modem only, since it has only one ethernet port. Guess I only needed a switch, rather than a router.

I read you message wrong. I've done some port forwarding in the past, and I was able to forward some ports for the Xbox 360, which had an IP within the DHCP range, so I didn't know that it was necessary to pick an IP outside of the DHCP range. I'll look into it.

limit uT max global to be less than 100 connections (say like 99 or less)

Linksys firmwares are known to have problems with too many simultaneous connection due to their loooooooong time out.

is too bad these old routers are not upgrade-able to the DDWRT firmware, else your problem is fixed

hi! i have a LINKSYS BEFSR41V3 and when have active lots of Port Forwarding at the same static IP, it NOT WORK FINE.

Try to enable port forward for only the utorrent. And try now.

It should work fine if windows firewall is open to the port, and if you have another firewall o antivirus must do the same.

Greetings from Argentina!!!!

Archived