help!

analord

hello there, i have been using utorrent for a few weeks now and i love it, however i have one problem,when i shut down utorrent and then log on again all my downloads say error cant open file, i then have to delete them then add the torrent again to get it downloading or seeding, it only takes a few seconds but its quite annoying, am i doing something wrong?

Ahh, you see in the listview, for example the main torrent pane?? At the top there's the column headers. Between each column are the spacer offsetting each column. If you double click on any of those spacers (aka column margin) it will auto-expand the column to the widest width needed to display all current data in that column.

My main question is whether it cannot write the data file or the torrent flie.

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Apparently, *something* is deleting the .torrent file (or not allowing µTorrent to open it).

If the torrent is there but misnamed (perhaps #6 instead of 7) you can rename the torrent and then start uT again. Reloading the torrent will do the same as it has done previously... and change TO filename.8.torrent . If you only have two torrents in the torrent list in uT it's normal to have those 2 in your appdata directory.

Archived