Am I doing this correctly?

Sparkeroons

This is how I've been trying to download. I'm wondering if I'm doing it all wrong. I went to torrentz.com, did a search for what I was looking for. I was presented with a list of torrent download locations. I chose one and clicked on it. In the new window I clicked on where it told me to download, and then told it where I wanted it saved (i.e. which drive). It seems to only take a second for the file to appear in my drive. I didn't think that could be the actual file, so I dragged the icon into uTorrent and it seemed then to be downloading (i.e. the status says "downloading"). Am I doing this correctly? If not, could someone give me step by step instructions "for dummies" (since that's what I am)? I appreciate any and all assistance and apologize for my ignorance.

... When you are presented with the torrent in your browser you have the ability to open with or save... when you save you need to either load the torrent through the UI or drag it as you did. If you just open with you can have your browser automatically load the torrent to uT. You may want to check out the pre-made Guides (link below) for further clarification on how to use uT. Additionally the manual is also linked below as well as being on the Guides page.

Archived