How do I get rid of the evil red circle with this setup?

Dragros

I am running utorrent from a fraternity with a very odd network configuration. My computer connects to a switch that connects directly to the modem. There is no router between me and the modem and I'm pretty sure the modem does not have a built in firewall. It is a netopia T1 modem. How would I go about configuring utorrent to an open port?

portforward.com has extensive listings of hardware... if it's not there then I'm unsure exactly of the hardware is to blame at all :/ Switches have no NAT functionality therefore whatever you pay for your internet you are getting... What are your computers' IPs? Are they 10.x.x.x or 172.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x ? (if you and your brothers are having trouble trying this requires start -> run -> cmd /k ipconfig and looking for "IP Address". If there is also a computer which runs on this setup you will also want to compare the IP Address there too. If indeed there is no router already and only one computer can get internet it's a limitation of your ISPs line. Routers allow LANs to be created under ONE IP address... with the NAT happening AT the router.

It may be that you are connecting directly to the campus line and they are blocking the ports by having the campus-wide NAT. In that event there isn't much you can do if enabling UPnP and NAT-PMP in preferences doesn't help.

Archived