Everything is Slow

James123

i got some major problems with downloading.. torrents wont seed(i got comcast) and i have a huge problem with download speeds. im not getting anything over 300kb/s both upload and download. ive got all mcafee stuff on my computer. including the firewall and all the anti spyware/virus.

any help? ive looked at the stickys and tried the stuff in them didnt get any results.

You are limited by your ISP. What "other" programs? You need to setup uT to work with your connection. uT uses BitTorrent protocol which is NOT FTP or HTTP so it won't behave the same as they would. 3 Mbit sustained download is blazingon most domestic connections. The ISPs shape most bittorrent traffic most of the time so you should consider yourself lucky.

... OK starting over. When in the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G), you run a speedtest yes? Are you running this speedtest while NOT doing anything else on your internet connection (FROM ANY connected computer)? What are the speed test results? After putting the closest UPLOAD speed in the Speed Guide drop down, you test either of the test torrents from the setup guide. How fast do they download oin uT? When you start back up another torrent you are seeding on... and run that torrent again, does the download speed DECREASE compared to before?

i got 600 kilobits/sec on download 347 kilobits/sec upload.

downloading a single torrent i get 10-20kb/s download and 45kb/s upload. the test torrent was 30-40kb/s download and no upload

as soon as i start to seed anything my internet shuts off. i get a message on the computer that says local area connection unplugged.

K. so set Speed Guide to xx/384 . So, you can upload one torrent only @ 45, but you can't upload while downloading?

It sounds like you're overloading your hardware firstly. I would follow the steps in Ultima's How-To (link below) for interrupted connections. I'd double check you can upload while downloading by downloading openoffice and uploading something you were running previously. You may notice OOo slow down while uploading, but it should still download.

no what i ment was that the test torrent wouldnt upload anything at all. running one of my torrents together with the test torrent gets similar results. 15kb/s download per torrent and 25kb/s on my torrent for upload the other wont.

thats why i have my connection speed set to

but yes i can download and upload at the same time.

could this problem be in my modem and router?

my connect speed is extra slow today.. its going on and off alot.. comcast=stupid lol

Archived