Not another port forwarding post

Menschenfeind

Utorrent's port checker gives me same old error message even after doing the whole portforward.com guide for my router (motorola). I am COMPLETELY SURE I have successfully forwarded the port I chose in my router (yes I know what a router is and I also know what model I have and how to manage it). I am also SURE that I have a working static IP address. I am SURE as well that I have included that port and utorrent as a program as exceptions for my windows firewall (SP2). And, of course, i don't have any strange PeerGuardian2 or Protowall software mentioned in the error message for the port checker(nor the ipfilter.dat file).

I have concluded there are 4 possible explanations for this:

1. Someone is hiding something from me or I'm so stupid I am ignoring something that should be very basic or easy

2. The portforward.com guide has some kind of flaw

3. Utorrent has some kind of flaw

4. My computer hates me and won't cooperate no matter what I do

I have also thought about checking this port in other websites that offer that service, but I don't care much about the result because I am interested exclusively in using it for utorrent. Let's see if anyone has some reaction to this, besides laughing at me of course.

Your ISP may not be giving you a unique internet ip and instead shares the same internet ip with potentially 10's of customers (many smaller/cheaper ISPs do this).

Your modem may contain a firewall or router as well that has to be configured or disabled.

...viruses or trojans may exist on your computer that causes uTorrent to be firewalled.

My modem has routing and firewall capabilities, and I'm completely sure they were set correctly (in the case of the routing feature using the guide from portforward.com). The firewall is completely disabled. I am also completely sure that i have no viruses or trojans. It just won't work. Maybe utorrent is not for me.

Archived