Removing Problem Piece From Queue

tincann

Every so often I get a problem piece in a file where it constantly has hash fails. Sometimes this is from a bad sender & sometimes it is on my computer's fault. When the problem is on my part I can usaully solve it by stopping the download, waiting a while, or doing a force re-check, then starting again, or even having to sometimes reboot. The problem with all of this is when there are many connections, I lose all my good connections & even if I save them, then re-enter them, I don't get the same result from them or they don't connect at all.

Here's what I would like to be able to do.

File pieces that are being download are listed in the pieces section/pieces queue. I would like to be able to right-click on a problem piece & remove it from the download queue for the time being. This would solve the problem without having to stop the download or blocking the piece.

If this small add-on could be done it would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, no it wouldn't solve the problem, it would just attempt horridly to work around it.

If a piece is giving repeated hashfails because of hardware issues, then if it's just one other peer, they need to be banned, and if it's your system the issue NEEDS to be solved on your end by fixing or replacing the problem hardware.

Archived