uTorrent (all other torrent downloaders) Bluescreen crash Vista

petras

After few minutes of downloading with uTorrent ( or any other torrent downloaders) my system crashes to Blue screen and restarts. After crash and restart Windows ask for identifying problem, but if i do so it crashes again. Any sollutions?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: xxxx

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: d1

BCP1: 3E101178

BCP2: 0000000A

BCP3: 00000000

BCP4: 3E101178

OS Version: 6_0_6000

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: xxx_x

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini031008-02.dmp

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-40965-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\WERDB41.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem with my μtorrent-and-Vista-Home-Premium setup. However, I'm taking the lazy way out; of six active torrents, three of which were not doing any traffic at all, I removed three to the "inactive list" and now there seems to be no BSOD unstableness. It's only been one day, however, since I did this.

I am generally pleased with μtorrent and generally pleased with Vista. It is my intention, however, to reinstall everything including Vista as there are extraneous running processes I have no idea how to get rid of (I'm computer nuts-and-bolts illiterate). My computer illiteracy is the reason why I can't figure out what caused the BSOD, though it's probably the same one that jinxed you.

I, too, got the "Stop error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" but I didn't bother to read any more of the screen. I just figured from what other forums' searched messages indicated on the problem that there is some sort of maximum bandwidth I'm breaching that is causing Vista to crash.

I don't know how to fix it so I'm not going to bother. It seems as long as I restrict my uploading over my WiFi network to three torrents, each at or below 50 kb/sec apiece, Vista operates just fine. I'll just be more judicious about what's worth uploading.

• 7 months later...

Archived