uTorrent vs Azureus

Rag

i think its enough to prove that uTorrent is not good as Azureus. U are not mentioning that i did the test multiple times and all that stuff, couse u want people to belive how good uTorrent is.

1st torrent was slow.

2th torrent was very fast.

it would take days to test many torrents, and to run the tests multiple times.

if u have the time, u can do that test and show us the results..........

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think its enough to prove that uTorrent is not good as Azureus. U are not mentioning that i did the test multiple times and all that stuff, couse u want people to belive how good uTorrent is.

I see that you totally ignored what I wrote. :rolleyes:

Read it carefully a second time and think it over, then post your comments.

Rag where you are missing the point is your test has about as much objectivity as you do. running 2 torrents and making a judgement on is is akin to saying the earth is flat because you see it that way. Because µT is slow to you does not mean its slow to everyone. The song I have been singing since I found this client is settings, you have to tweak it to YOUR specifc needs. Of course that may be too much like work for you. There is always the Comet. I max out my connection constantly with µT where the right conditions are met. Good enuf for me. Do I get on some slow torrents? sure. Do I blame it on the client? Nope, I have used it enuf to know that is works as advertised. I did my 2 torrents long ago.

i think its enough to prove that uTorrent is not good as Azureus. ...

I'm sorry, but I have to jump into this thread and respond: the statement above is bullshit. :| µTorrent might be slower for you, or it might be slower in your opinion, but plenty of people routinely max out their connections which they couldn't do with Azureus. So what do you have to say about that? Are all those other people lying? No, of course not. :/

You see, you can't just say "client x is slower than client y", simply because there are too many variables involved to come to a conclusive answer. I hope you understand the message I'm trying to convey to you. :)

Rag... the scientific process of proving an particular outcome doesnt like mulitple varibles for good reason. There are many many varibles in the internet enviroment.

Because of all these varibles thats why utorrent has settings so you can actually change them to suit your needs. I could go on about all the settings you change that effect the speed on another user as well as enviromental and the actual code that drives the internet however I believe it'll be in vain.

I see that you totally ignored what I wrote.

Read it carefully a second time and think it over, then post your comments.

that reply was ment for post #50.

Rag where you are missing the point is your test has about as much objectivity as you do. running 2 torrents and making a judgement on is is akin to saying the earth is flat because you see it that way. Because µT is slow to you does not mean its slow to everyone.

it doesn't metter how many torrents u try, if the client is connecting he will connect to the seeds/peers anyway.

I max out my connection constantly with µT where the right conditions are met.

my download speed with uTorrent is constantly above 300kb's, max 1mb's, i am not saying its slow client, i am saying its not as good as Azureus at connecting to seeds/peers on public torrents where are very little seeds active. Azureus and Bitcomet do much better job when it comes to that.

uTorrent is a copy of Azureus, so almost all the settings from Azureus can be found on uTorrent, and all the settings were the same before i started the test.

I have just switched from Bittornado to uTorrent and I'll stay with it.I didn't expect it to be working so well.About debating who's better Azureus or uTorrent let me tell you this:connect to healthy private tracker like filelist and it will fly the full connection speed ( mine is 10MB/10MB )and why should I care if Azureus could do the same ?.I hope the seeding works so good as leeching ( haven't try it yet ).Nice piece of software and my CPU and memory are happy too.

Rag where you are missing the point is your test has about as much objectivity as you do. running 2 torrents and making a judgement on is is akin to saying the earth is flat because you see it that way. Because µT is slow to you does not mean its slow to everyone.

it doesn't metter how many torrents u try, if the client is connecting he will connect to the seeds/peers anyway.

*sigh* you don't know much about making statistics do you ;):P

User Bleh kind of told you how ;)

Just a few examples on how to get reasonably correct statistics:

* To do the test on many trackers

* And on loads of different torrents, both good and bad ones

* Several different test (for example with different settings in µTorrent and in Azureus)

To make an example why your test doesn't prove anything:

For example, you want to know what people think about a certain thing,

you ask 3 people, 2 say yes to your question and 1 say no, but that doesn't mean

that the majority of the people would say yes, because of many reason,

like age, sex, background, education, social status etc.

Therefore you must atleast ask several thousand of people +

make certain that those that answeres has for example

different backgrounds.

my download speed with uTorrent is constantly above 300kb's, max 1mb's, i am not saying its slow client, i am saying its not as good as Azureus at connecting to seeds/peers on public torrents where are very little seeds active. Azureus and Bitcomet do much better job when it comes to that.

uTorrent is a copy of Azureus, so almost all the settings from Azureus can be found on uTorrent, and all the settings were the same before i started the test.

I see where this is going. Here is my question for you. Does µTorrent meet your needs? If it does leave it be. If it dosent find something that does. No one is twisting anyone's arm to use this or to use that. The last time I checked it was free. I look at your post and I see you say that your speeds are constantly above 300kb well, thats good enough for me, if I am getting those speeds im quiet and grabbing the files that I want no matter who the client is. what's the point?? If you jackrabbit away from every stoplight and when you get to the next light you stop and then I come up to the light after you we still get to the same place at the same time. It seems you are comparing apples to oranges here. If you are getting proper speeds then WHY should it make a difference to you HOW you get those speeds (unless you are using the Comet :P ) I mean really find something substantial to debate, its not like you are getting crappy speeds, that is a legitimate issue, it seems to me that you are just not getting speeds the way YOU think you ought to be getting them. There is a solution, AFAIK the bt protocol is open source, make your own client and you can dress it up any way you like. I will stay where I am, Im not a coder, I will leave that to the professionals and sit back and enjoy the product of their work.

Personally I think people here are just telling him to piss off rather than helping fix the problem (although I can understand that his attitude isn't helpful).

i am saying its not as good as Azureus at connecting to seeds/peers on public torrents where are very little seeds active. Azureus and Bitcomet do much better job when it comes to that.

When there are very little seeds active, µT and Azureus use distributed tracking (µT uses DHT, the same as Mainline and BitComet and Azureus uses it's own method). Most people say that Azureus' distributed tracking is better than µT's (and other's) DHT.

I'm curious as to how you got better speeds with BC, seeing as that uses the same DHT as µT.

As for µTorrent being a copy of Azureus, I find it hard to believe that this 105KB program coded in C++ could be the same as a 5MB (to install, it gets bigger, this is from memory) Java app. It's a completely different program.

Hey splint he dosent really have a problem, hes just voicing an opinion that he is entitled to but what he wants is people to agree with him.....which they may if he provided a solid point, which he hasnt. I personally am bowing out of this thread, he dosent have a problem, he has speeds, which in my mind means he dosent really have any issues....at least with µT. Im done.

Hey Rag why are you still using utorrent and debating whether or not it's slower or faster? No one is making you use it. Are you trying to convert everyone here to say "OH YES AZUREUS IS SUPREME!"?

I repeat - no one is making you use it. If you don't like it, erase it and use something else. The end.

You have freedom of choice.

In Soviet Russia, utorrent uses you. If you don't like it, the utorrent commisar will gladly shoot you.

Please go back to Azureus or Bitcomet or Bitspirit or Bitlord or whatever makes you HAPPY. Because then you'll stop antagonizing the rest of us. Thanks.

HAPPY holidays - now please go choose a client that will make you happy. That would make the rest of us happy as well, and the entire world would be a better place.

Cheers-

Jeez a lot of people in this forum can't take a tiny complaint about µTorrent. I love it just as much, but I don't go telling people to leave once they find a fault or had a bad experience with it, or compare its shortcomings to another client O.o

We don't need to shun him just because he's finding another client to be faster. He's only posting his experiences and the results of his "test" (however (un)accurate it may be). I think Rag would know to try another client if he found µTorrent's performance to be unsatisfying, there's no need to tell him "leave and be happy with another client" (oh the hostility...).

(This thread is looking just like that other one by akaidiot...)

Although I am an µtorrent user myself,

I have to say thats Rag tests can be considered as accurate... And I explain why:

Well the results are obvious. From the screenshots Azureus did download more in the specified time interval. It was done with the same torrent at consecutive times where the seeds would not have changed... Rag said that he used the same settings (same connections per torrent, halfopen conn, upload limit etc).

Now, his results are what we call "real life results". What matters to the average downloader is to download more data in less time. Azureus managed this better than utorrent.. The results would have the same difference ratio after 24 hours of testing. Azureus will download the torrent faster than utorrent... I don't know if Azureus selects the peers to connect, anyway Azureus method is definately more productive than µT method...

The same counts for every other software. For example an A antivirus might have 200.000 virus definitions in its database while another B antivirus has 100.000 definitions but in realife B antivirus is able to detect most todays viruses.

Please if anyone is going to reply to have valid proof and not only theories because we are talking about real life here.

Utorrent users need to able to take criticism well b4 asking others to do so. The way some users blasted the thread starter at first showed really bad of themselves.

I mean chaosblade, and many others. Wat were u guys trying to prove? By writing "o you have knowledge about networks? How do they work? About how the TCP/IP protocol works and hows BitTorrent uses it?" , are u trying to sound smart?

Give the guy a break and let him express his opinion. If u dont agree, state it with reasons and not try to blabber stuff to make urself like u know stuff.

Azureus connects faster. So? Utorrent gets better speeds after a longer time . So? Let people choose instead of making it seem that utorrent is the only way to go.

Some long time users in the short history of utorrent really need to just shut up and stop being hardup on criticism, constructive or not. Geez

Archived