List of public trackers and a simpler question...I think

Drune

I'm still trying to resolve my download speeds... When I started with Utorrent I used the last version before the new one and my speeds were perfect.. downloads most of the time working at 200-500 kb/s or more... Then I had 3mb Cable connection...Recently I signed up for a deal that doubled my ISP speed to 6 mb. I've done 4 or 5 speed tests... some only detect my DL speed at 2932 and then say my ISP may be running data compaction.. others pick up my DL speeds at 6235 or so and never say a thing about the compaction issue.. Regardless my upload speed remains 952 kb/s. I know there's an advance setting with the name: bt.compact.allocation and I was wondering if this being set to true would help at all at resolving my speed problem.. (My DL speeds are now no more thn 60-79kb/s and my upload speeds are right now double my downloads) Anyway... if you guys need any info give me specific requests and I'll post it up here... I'm still new to using Utorrent.. for the longest time I just waited 4 or 5 days for stuff to download with bittornado but I like this much better.. Anyway.. thats my first issue/question...

Next.. just as an addition.. does anyone have a list of public trackers search engines that can be added to the Utorrent search engine list?I've only got a few in there right now.

Thanks for any help or even attempts to help

Drune

bt.compact_allocation has absolutely nothing to do with the upload compression :P You should definitely leave bt.compact_allocation alone (read: off/false/disabled).

Regarding speeds... check the first link in my signature for some suggestions. Do try the test torrents. If nothing there helps, do post the additional requested information.

Archived