Firewall blocking Port Forwading!

cap2587

I have tried Port forwading, but still it won't open. Port forwarded my router to recognize my Utorrent port. Followed various other suggestions without any luck. When I am downloading, I have either yellow or red indicator at the bottom of the screen. I have McAfee firewall security. Do you think that this is blocking Utorrent? If so, how do I allow my firewall to accept Utorrent. I am trying to read up on everyone's port forwading info, however it seems so confusing at times. I'm determined to see the little Green light at the bottom of my screen. New to Utorrent, therefore still learning the ropes. Any tips or articles to read.

The Guides page is a great place to start. Link #1 is the manual. Link #2 is all about bittorrent. Link #3 is the setup guide. If portforward.com didn't help with your router, here's the general idea: You have the internet -> modem -> router -> computer right ? You need to make sure that internet traffic isn't being stopped by the modem. Then you make sure the router knows where YOU ARE (LAN IP c/o start->run->cmd /k ipconfig on what PORT (Ctrl-G from uT GUI). After that's all setup what's left is the software on your computer. In your case that's the McAfee Suite which includes alot of stuff. What you should do is look through the help or manual to see what you need to do analogous to setting up application rules for the firewall part. Software firewalls thread has some already there to see how the rules will be needed.

Depends on the firewall really, I removed the firewall component from Kaspersky while leaving everything else in, only for Kaspersky to cause problems with µT, I had to reinstall Kaspersky with only the components I wanted, stupid software firewall, leaving hooks in when its component was removed.

For troubleshooting purposes, many firewall programs allow you to temporarily disable the firewall for a short period

That doesn't explain why most people have firewall troubles after they disabled it, but not after they uninstall it. Many is a HUGE overstatement -- it's rare that a software firewall would allow itself to be completely disabled while it's installed properly (that would make it too easy for malware to disable them).

Archived