(1.8 Beta) Failure to place downloaded files in preferred directory.

CIKaos

Using 1.8 Beta - Build 8912. Downloaded files are being placed in the default directory, not the directory specified under

"Options - Preferences - Directories - Location of Downloaded Files - Put new downloads in:"

Original preference was entered under v1.7.7 and remains in preferences display after upgrade to v1.8 Beta. I have not re-entered it directly since upgrading.

As stated in my ORIGINAL POSTING, the placement has not been changed since it was originally implemented under v1.7.7. Since the modified placement was working perfectly until implementation of Beta 1.8 Build 8912, and has not been changed since, the mode of entry is surely unlikely to be an issue. I therefore suspect this may be a v1.8 "bug".

I have what I believe to be the same problem. I save files from completed torrents to my NAS device. I have been doing this as long as I can remember but since upgrading to 1.8 Beta I have had problems.

The value for "Move completed downloads to:" in the Directories tab of Preferences is set to "\\LS\video\Bittorrent" (\\LS being my LinkStation NAS). If I click on the ellipsis then the Folder Browse dialog opens at exactly where it should ... the right folder on my NAS.

Anyway ... the end result is that the completed files are copied to "C:\Documents and Settings\MyUsernameGoesHere\LS\video\Bittorrent" rather than "\\LS\video\Bittorrent". It should be pretty self-evident how that pathname gets constructed. Is the UNC reference throwing it out? I can't believe that the User Profile path is hard-coded anywhere.

I also have the option to "move .torrents for finished jobs" to a subdirectory of the one on my NAS specified above and this also ends up in my userprofile under the main directory.

Please ask if further information would sort this out.

I do know that "my documents\downloads" is the default folder. the fact it's not even making it there means something is up. I have a theory it could be related to relative pathing but since I had it working with normal . and \ prefixes I don't know what difference \\ does to the logic.

Thank you kjmacphee for providing actual helpful information about the problem. :D

It certainly looks like it is failing to recognise \\ as being the root of a network reference. Deffo a bug and relative pathing seems to introduce more problems than it fixes!

A bit of a pain which means that I am having to move stuff around manually. Not so great as it feeds my Media Centre. May have to downgrade as 1.7.7 was working flawlessly.

Archived