ZoneAlarm and utorrent.

Martin Levac

Greetings,

I found out that ZA (ver 3.7.143) blocks many outgoing connections by utorrent when ZA (Firewall>Main>Internet Zone Security) is set to HIGH. I noticed a whole buttload of utorrent log entries being written faster than I could read them. I figured it was working against me since utorrent was trying to make legitimate connections to other peers. I set it to MED and the log entries stopped being so hyper active and utorrent got to work more efficiently by making about double the number of connections I was getting before. The improvement is proportional to the swarm size, the larger the swarm, the better the improvement.

ML

Hmmmm..why are you useing such an old version? Im going to check to see if this happends to me. Im useing 6.1.737

EDIT: next to internet zone click custom and then scroll down to allow outgoing tcp ports and allow utorrents port. Then set it back to high and see if it helps.

The older versions of ZoneAlarm had many issues with P2P applications, but version 6.x has been a big improvement, and a lot of people are having no problems with it any more (for the record, I've never had any problem with any version of ZoneAlarm... maybe I'm setting it up correctly?)

Archived