Prioritize torrents while scheduled??

it

Hey guys

many of use schedules torrents for off peak download ( due to our ISP time / speed restrictions ) is there any way in utorrent that i have queued some torrents, now if the download speed of a torrent is less than say <100kbps>for <10 min> .. it stops the torrent and places it at the end of the queue and let other start?? so that faster torrents are downloaded 1st while i m asleep..

thanks if such is possible

When torrents are in the queue, they rotate based upon need when seeding and order for downloading. In the 1.8 beta there is an option to set a variable "queue.dont_count_slow_dl/ul" values... but in 1.7 you only have the option to "skip" torrents with under 1 KiBps throughput to start the next file in the queue until such time as the current file comes back.

The # column in the main torrent view is the order I am talking about. When you have the option Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> queue.dont_count_slow_dl as TRUE, any torrents downloading < 1 KiBps are not included in the Ctrl-P -> Queue rules. This allows you to have more torrents active. In 1.8 you can ADJUST this value for your theoretical idea of 10 KiBps... meaning you can have more torrents downloading if they're not using your line.

that means that a torrent less than 1 kbps is running utorrent will ignore and start another.. so theoretically i can have 5 torrents running with 4 of them at 1kbps and the 5th at good pace.. suppose the 3rd and 4th torrent suddenly pick up speed.. that means 3 torrents will be sharing the bandwidth fighting for speed, so all of them will take longer to download?? so what i meant was if the speed is less than X kbps for say more than Y min.. then it should totally stop that torrent and queue it at the end and give others a chance.. if other torrent is above the rule then it will have the full bandwidth of the ISP.. i m just sayin this cause some of us have speed limits at some time of day.. so i would like to finish max torrents in that 3-4 hr time span..

Yeah :/ That doesn't exist right now. There is supposedly an overhaul to the Scheduler (perhaps rules-based) for 1.9.

The only option right now to limit the torrent (to stop it) happens @ the finishing of the torrent's queue duties.

I think your current implementation goals would require 1) setting up scheduler to either offset your "normal" or "limited" mode for your free time of 3-4 hours (it's easier to make it limited because by default all time blocks are dark-green (normal). For that setup you change your up and down limits for the extra bandwidth you get. Then for non-optimum times you setup the scheduler to either seed only (Shift-click) or turn off (click until white) the rest to get back to your special time.

Archived