upgrading bit torrent vs utorrent

Bluezguy

Is there a beginners help section? I looked over the faq and I am still confused about some things, I tried search but got no returns. My 2 questions are I have some awsome files I downloaded in bit torrent when I upgraded to utorrent they were not listed? the files are on my desktop where bit torrent left them how do I get them into utorrent to continue to seed them? do I need the files on the desktop (.TDA files) or do i need to look into bit torrent itself to find the torrent files. how do I get utorrent to use these to seed. thanks much everyone. does it help my download speed to keep seeding files?

You didn't "upgrade", you changed clients completely. Nothing is imported automatically. You need to find the original .torrent files you loaded into the mainline client, and load them into µTorrent. When loading it, you have to point it to the folder of the old files.

Seeding doesn't help your download speed, but you should always share to at least a ratio of 1.000 to not be a leech. You can seed far more, of course.

Thanks much Firon you are right on target with what info i am looking for now you stated "find the .torrent files you loaded into the mainline client, and load them into µTorrent. When loading it, you have to point it to the folder of the old files. that is exactly my 2 problems 1. where in bit torrent are the files( i had the latest version). and 2. in utorrent what file do I point to those other torrent files. Again i appoligize for being thick and not knowing something so obvious. thanks again.

the official BitTorrent stores .torrents in %appdata%\.bittorrent\torrentcache

But I'm not too sure on this. When you load the .torrent, µTorrent should pop up (make sure that it's associated with .torrent files, open the options and click on the button "Associate with .torrent files"), and it'll ask you where you want to save the files. Look for where you saved the files of the torrents you had loaded in mainline

Archived