Remove and Delete .torrent doesn't delete the .torrent

bugmenot

As the topic says removing a Torrent with the option to remove the actual .torrent doesn't delete the file.

As a result %APPDATA%\uTorrent fills up with loads of old .torrent files, I'd appreciate a fix.

This happens afair since 1.77, current build is 1.8beta build 8912.

Let me know if you need more info, thx.

HMM. right click remove toolbar icon shows what selected?

Remove and delete .torrent

Verify by listing Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> gui.default_del_action and gui.delete_to_trash values please.

gui.default_del_action: *1

gui.delete_to_trash: *false

/edit: Please also note that the .torrent files get for some reason created as read-only.

XP Prof. SP2, no directories set for .torrent storage.

I think Firefox 3 Beta induces this bug for me since it stores files downloaded to be directly handled in external apps now as read-only in %TEMP%, in order to prevent you from loosing changes you make to them in apps that don't bother with making their own working copies of such files, since Firefox will delete them upon closing.

µTorrent doesn't check or unset the read-only flag when it creates its working copy and then silently fails upon removal.

It's reproducible by manually setting the read-only flag on a .torrent prior to opening it in µTorrent.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to second this. I am running XP SP2 and use Firefox to download torrents. Save a torrent to my hard drive, then open it up from Firefox after the download.

I went into my %AppData%/uTorrent folder today and there where over 100 old .torrent files all stored in there. I don't have anything set for torrent storage in the preferences.

It doesn't make sense for uTorrent to store every torrent ever opened by it in it's AppData folder... Did I miss a setting somewhere? Thanks!

Without someplace STATIC which will always have the torrent location, uT would not function. Since you did not override the default torrent storage directory that is why the torrents are under APPDATA. If you want uT to remove the torrent when you remove it the selected option in the right click menu of the remove button on the toolbar needs to be "remove and delete torrent" the 2nd option. The Default option is simply to remove. This setting is not retroactive.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem.

My location for "Move .torrents for finished jobs to:" is E:\Other\BitTorrent\Complete

My uTorrent's %AppData% folder is empty, but the folder above keeps filling up with .torrent files. I *always* use the right-click -> Remove and delete .torrent + data, but the .torrent files remain.

I checked the properties on the .torrent files and they're all set to "Read Only". This may be due to the way Firefox 3 downloads files, but is there a way for uTorrent to work around the read-only flag and delete those files anyway?

Using 1.8 Beta on XP SP2. I marked a .torrent I wanted to delete as read-only. Removed .torrent through µTorrent and the .torrent file was gone. I save my .torrent finished location as c:\program files\utorrent\torrents_finished if that makes a difference.

Archived