Random Comments

hi there, i heard about this client from Digg.com, I now use it instead of Azeurus. Works great but just one thing, when in the files tab i cannot organize or sort the files by clicking the colum headers. (complete %, name, Priority) why is this? will it be in a later version?

-wolf

Hi

its the second best torrent client after azureus.There are some things its better at. /memory, processor usage/

Its a good idea that the gui almost the same.

there are 2 things that I can't work out.

how can i change the upload/download rate for each torrent ?

I cant change the global upload/download rate on the bottom right corner with a right mouse click on the numbers.

these would be the most useful features, I miss !

I've been a diehard shadow client (bitTornado) user for a LONG time. I just made the "switch" and love it. Your program takes up almost no resources just like it's advertised. utorrent hits the SWEET SPOT between an ultra-techie/resource-hog and a low-tech client that's light on the system. Well Done!

javascript:emoticon(':D')

Very Happy

Cheers

hi I'm new so I just want to ask some questions.....

First I open the uTorrent and he automaticly start to download.

Down it writes Network OK.

So it's OK, but after few minutes the downlod stops and it writes select() error.

I don't know what's wrong so plzzzz help me.....

It's probably because you've had BitComet add '.bc!' to the extension of your downloads - so to fix your downloads you'll need to remove that extension.

Fx. lost.hdtv.avi.bc! ---> lost.hdtv.avi

Do that to all your files. Can be done easy with a rename application but if it's only a few files just do it manually.

You might notice that the files 'seems' to exist already but that's the files being created the first time you tried to resume your downloads.

It's probably because you've had BitComet add '.bc!' to the extension of your downloads - so to fix your downloads you'll need to remove that extension.

Do that to all your files. Can be done easy with a rename application but if it's only a few files just do it manually.

You might notice that the files 'seems' to exist already but that's the files being created the first time you tried to resume your downloads.

Also if you go into the bitcomet preferences and goto TASK, then uncheck "add .bc extension to incomplete files" and then stop the downloads and run manual hash checks this will remove the .bc extension, unchecking that option will also stop the client adding that extension to the files

Very nice client. Very stable and faste. I'm impressed.

I use Azureus but as you all know Java sucks (ressource hogging) so this is a nice alternative.

But I was just wondering about something. Every major BT clients now support DHT or, if you like it better, trackerless downloading.

Do you plan to add this feature to your client?

Thanks fo your time. :)

Very nice client. Very stable and faste. I'm impressed.

I use Azureus but as you all know Java sucks (ressource hogging) so this is a nice alternative.

But I was just wondering about something. Every major BT clients now support DHT or, if you like it better, trackerless downloading.

Do you plan to add this feature to your client?

Thanks fo your time. :)

this is FAQ |:

Also if you go into the bitcomet preferences and goto TASK, then uncheck "add .bc extension to incomplete files" and then stop the downloads and run manual hash checks this will remove the .bc extension, unchecking that option will also stop the client adding that extension to the files

So doing this will automatically configure utorrent to resume any down/uploads, and it will discern between torrent files and random files in the same directory, as well as handles any sub-directories as well?

Archived