Help otpimizing dl speed. Wireless router, Bridge connection+access pt

JohnnyTep

To whomever may help!

I am using a wireless router with a bridge. And another access point to relay my signal. I have found the proper websites that help me configure my exact model of wireless usb device. My question is, do I have to configure the main router or anything else? Or do I simply try and configure a static IP address strictly on my wireless device? Is this the best way to go about? Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

"set a static IP up outside of the router's DHCP range." How do I do this? You have a link with instructions maybe? Thanks man. Its more the "outside of the router's DHCP range" where you lose me. I found a site that helps you set up a static IP address already. Awaiting your reply. Thanks so much.

That is dependent on your router. You'll most likely find it inside your router configuration page, whether it be given explicitly as a range (something like 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149), or as a starting IP with the number of IPs in the range (something like 192.168.1.100 with 50 IPs in the range).

Ok I've managed to set up a static IP.

My new problem is not being able to access my wireless' config console.

I type the Default Gateway address in firefox but it doesn't connect.

Odd thing: When I run a ping. I get perfect response from both my new static IP address and the deafult gateway. I'm using a Linksys WRT54GC. I have phoned my ISP and they gave me both proper DNS addreses.

My firewall is off. not using SP2.

How can I access my router's config console? I'm sure it's something simple that I overlooked! =( Thanks.

Archived