First Time Using Torrent

deshibak

I have downloaded the client (1.7.7) and installed. I have also downloaded the torrent file.

However there seems to be nothing happening, it says downloading but there is no progress. The port being used is being forwarded and I am not behind any firewall. Any help please?

I have tried the following:

Try disabling IP resolving in the Peers tab's context menu

Try disabling DHT (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

Try disabling UPnP and NAT-PMP (Can be found in Preferences > Connection)

Try disabling peer.resolve_country if it isn't already set to false (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

Try lowering maximum global number of connections to 200? 100? 50? (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent)

Try lowering net.max_halfopen to 4 (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced)

I am running Windows Vista, with the built in firewall disabled. I still have the yellow/orange status light, which did turn green for a very short while only.

But still download has not moved from 0%

Not to familiar with this but I see seeds 0(1) and peers 0(2).

Again the status turned green for about 10 mins and under the general tab availability turned from red to blue and 0.000 to 1.000 but still sits a 0.0%. Now its back to the orange status

Yeah, if the torrent doesn't have alot of peers (3 in that example: 1 seed, 1 peer, and you) you have to let it run ... If you have other torrents to run, you can put that one on Force-Start if you think it will connect.

So... that's that. To figure out if this is a GLOBAL problem for you did you check out the Speedtest portion of the setup guide? With OpenOffice torrents or Slackware torrents...

Archived