Startling/unexpected improvement observed on Comcast

fxm

For some time I have been running with a low maximum upload rate, trying to stay "below the radar". Even so, the speed would still trend lower and lower over time and, usually after 8 or 10 hours, would basically drop to zero.

When I got home last Thursday after 12 hours away I was surprised to see that µTorrent was still chugging along at the max.

I cautiously increased the setting and ran for another 24 hours with no problem. I can't remember the last time that happened. I increased it again on Saturday and again on Sunday.

As of now I have been running for 24 hours with the upload side as near to saturated by µTorrent activity as I have even run it. It must have been well over a year since I was last able to do that for more than 60 minutes.

After-the-fact changes to their implementations will most certainly give the air of liability if this is the case, especially infront of the FCC. (Sample transcript: "So you implemented these practices around June of last year, correct?" "Yes." "Is it true you have stopped these practices in certain areas as of March 15th of this year?" "I cannot comment on our engineers' management protocol")

Archived