finished downloading but there is no file!?

jerwey

i spent the last 4 days downloading a torrent from mininova and was suppose to be getting an .iso file. i have used iso files before and know how to set them up. but now that the downloading is done, i can't find the .iso file. i did't change anything from the other times i downloaded, and it didn't show up were the others did.

i did notice that i now have a .torrent file 3.2GB in size that was suppose to be where i was downloading the .iso file from. when i click on it it tries to open in utorrent but can't because it says there isn't enough space.

my understanding is that i downloaded a .torrent file not an .iso file. is that possible? and if so, what do i do with it?

any help is appreciated. thanks.

DWK, no, I don't think so. When I got home from work today I checked my computer to see that the download was complete and it was under the "Completed" section (no longer in the "Downloading" section). So I hit remove (the big red x) and went to look for my .iso file. But I can't find it anywhere.

It was 3.2GB, and the only file that is that big is the .torrent file with the same name.

I know this is where the .iso should end up because I was downloading another file at the same time and it's partial download is in this file.

Does that make sense? Normally an .iso file shows up and I proceed to mount it, but there is no .iso file.

I should point out that my downloaded files show up in the same dirctory file as the torrent files I saved off the internet.

Archived