Can you reset Total Downloaded without restarting?

sighkick

Yes jewelisheaven, here in New Zealand we are way behind the times when it comes to speed and data allowances.

I am on a FS/FS [equates to about 1000/100 kbytes/sec down/up] Managed Premium account which is the most I can afford @ $90 pm. See here if your interested: http://www.world-net.co.nz/personal/dsl/ - I get 1Gb per day and when I go over its down to about 60/40kbits/sec until midnight.

Cheers from downunder.

Heh took a bit of searching... http://www.worldnet.co.nz/personal/dsl/?menu=traffic_management#about is what I wanted to look at. Man that's an interesting way to make plans. Innovation from the kiwis ;) How much better than 128Kbps do you get on this FS? That would compute to a consistent 16KiBps in uT. Your plan is also unique: You have to PAY for full speed both ways $40, and then you only get to choose your daily allowance for $40 more :/ That's 30 Gb / mo unmetered (another term when talking about quotas). That's miles better than the residential plan... and it's even better than the basic business plan. (And you don't get hit with the $2 / GB overage)

Until the day uT has quota features, it's up to the user to setup the client so they don't exceed it :/ Generally that means the scheduler with appropriate limits AND usage hours. In your case, 1 GiB is just under 3 45 minute blocks of non-specific broadcast media commonly found online in torrents. So if you know thursdays are big you should just take the hit for example on thurdays, open up your scheduler all day and let the freedom ring in :)

I actually pay $90 because I cannot shift my telephone toll calls to World-Net [long story] so it costs me the extra ten bucks.

I was previously on FS/128 where the FS equated to about 4,000 or roughly 500KB Down. Now that I am on FS/FS the Down bit has risen to about 8000 (1000Kb) and the FS up bit is about 800 or 100Kb. These are best possible and it depends how far we are from the Exchange - we don't yet have roadside cabinets but this is coming. Roadside cabinets will bring fibre closer to the houses and rely on shorter lengths of copper - I am 800metres from the exchange and get about 512 up.

My broadband is also used for mail and web hosting so I really can't do too much during business hours. You didn't say what part of the world you were in?

Yeah, but it is expensive compared to the rest of the world. I only effectively get 30Gb per month and it costs me almost half my take home weekly pay to get one month's access.

I can only afford it by renting out my server and hosting a few websites and mail. Additionally, many ISP's block these sort of entrepreneurial activities.

Basically I only get about 500Megs per day to play around with so also have a very cheap dial-up connection which runs the µTorrent clients (I run two on one machine, one for Private Sites with DHT turned off and the other for Public sites). I realise now that I needn't have done this because it is the actually .torrent itself that determines if DHT is permitted or not.

Still, I figured out with a lot of Googling how to have two clients on one machine :)

Dave

Archived