Clearing Torrents on Reboot

OFI

Not sure if this is what it's supposed to do or if a can change a setting to get round this but this is what I get

My PC has µTorrent installed on it but I download all my torrents to a networked drive. When I boot both my PC and the networked PC (the networked PC takes longer to boot) µTorrent clears all my torrents which were seeding have completed etc. Which is a bit annoying as I forget what i've downloaded and where to and to seed I then have to find the torrent again and start it up again. Any suggestions other than to stop µTorrent starting on boot up then making sure other networked PC is booted and the drive has been mapped..

I've got this same problem, except it's that my system has been locking up at night. When I reboot in the morning, µTorrent loads and all of the torrents are missing from c:\bittorrent\torrents (as they used to be .torrent.loaded files). I never had this problem previously, and I'd like to see µTorrent make two copies of these torrents, as it did before. This .torrent.loaded option isn't a good idea if it makes all the loaded torrents temporary files that disappear if a reboot or lockup occurs.

Edit: I've read some more about this, but I still don't understand why it's happening. I am not using the "Auto Load from Folder" option, I am simply telling Firefox to open with µTorrent, which used to work just fine. Renaming resume.dat.old to resume.dat is not an acceptable fix if the user has to do it every time, as it becomes an inconvenience and a reason to not use this otherwise wonderful client.

Archived