Per-tracker torrent options

CainKellye

My ISP provides me 30 GB traffic every month, but they don't count the inner network traffic (between two peers of the same ISP). And because of this, there is a site where I can upload and download unlimited (an I usually do.) But I use other sites/trakcers, where I can only upload to 1.1 ratio.

So with this option I wouldn't have to change the limit everytime I add a torrent from another site.

If this get chosen as a viable feature, I'd suggest building upon an already existing feature - labels. They already have their own move-completed-to directories based on their name, Maybe they can be extended further and have per-label torrent settings attached to them. So if you were to attach the label "tracker.cool-site.yourcountrytld" which has the needed settings, the torrents that were given this label would also each be changed to those settings.

So I wouldn't have to change the settings, but change the label for the new torrents. It isn't a step forward, just a bit aside...

But I'm not telling my request is a must-have. I only think this is not a big feature, could be easily (or rather easily) implemented, and it would save some time.

Actually I really like this request a lot. It usually seed all my finished torrents to about 1.5, and then I allocate the rest of the bandwith to some private trackers I frequent / run. Setting a global per-tracker preference would allow me to have this automated, so I didn't have to set preferences for each new torrent.

FFY

• 2 months later...

I would also like this feature.

It would be nice to simply be able to enter some tracker addresses into the settings and set a specific share ratio for each of them, rather than changing the ratio indivudually for each torrent.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to dig this old post out, but there still arent any option like this ? This option is the must have when you use provate tracker that impose Ratio. I would like to attribute different Upload speed to different trackers. Can anyone help how to do it ?

• 5 months later...

It would be great if utorrent can have pre-set seeding rules for each tracker. For example, if a torrent is loaded from my "automatically load .torrent directory" and the announce url is tracker1.org, seed only to 1:1 and stop. And if the announce url is tracker2.org gets loaded, seed only to 2:1 and then limit the upload speed to 10KB/s.

I hope you understand my example.

This feature will be VERY useful to a lot of torrent users. Especially those that use different private trackers with different seeding/ratio rules.

Please implement this feature.

*I also think that this requested feature is related to this:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=3644

• 1 year later...

4 years later, and I'm betting TONS of people would still kill for the feature of changing torrent properties by labels. I know I would. Every tracker has it's own unique seeding ratio rules, managing them with labels would be wonderful.

As an extension of this, I'd love to be able to set all torrents with a specific label to seed to an OVERALL ratio of my choosing. For example, having the label set to 1:1 overall, downloading 2 torrents of the same size. Say torrent A only seeds 0.5:1 before running out of leeches, then torrent B would continue seeding to 1.5:1 to obtain on overall 1:1 ratio over both torrents. (I hope that makes sense)

But with this having been requested for 4+ years, I'm not holding my breath on any of it. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

+1

but keep it simple. editable list of trackers with 3 options: seeding time target, ratio target, and/or operator to meet both or just one. if some torrent originates from tracker from the list - apply rule. multiple trackers or multiple rule matches - throw NotImplementedException, i dont care.

i believe that such a simple mechanic would save us a lot of micro-managing time.

• 1 year later...

I'm sort of tired of limiting upload limit for public trackers. Is has to be possible to change the upload setting based on trackers. better yet, there can be an other trackers option so I can just set the relaxed limits for private trackers. Working around using labels would not be great since I also like to change download location based on the content type (using labels). OR there can be some sort of regular expression matching working on torrents being added where we can change various attributes of matched torrents. Tracker name can be one of the strings concatenated to the match string before running the regular expression.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta admit, this would still be a handy feature. Pretty easy to implement, yet it's been 6 years since it's been suggested and still hasn't been done. For me, I use a personal tracker to share vital data between local and remote office sites. The peer-to-peer technology is perfect for sharing data when bandwidth is volatile. I would like to be able to:

prioritize traffic on that tracker

set an upload limit on other public trackers

set the seed priority on a particular tracker

If it can be done, it would be absolutely welcomed :)

EDIT: And/Or the ability to edit settings per-label would be fantastic too!

• 1 month later...

Yeah, that would be so awesome !

I can't understand why its not implemented yet.

I use many private trackers, in some of them I have a very high ratio, with hundreds of GB of buffer, in some, I have to struggle to maintain it above 1.

I don't use public trackers

I don't want to do this torrent per torrent, I don't have the patience for that kind of things.

Definitely waiting for this feature

• 6 months later...
Yeah, that would be so awesome !

I can't understand why its not implemented yet.

I use many private trackers, in some of them I have a very high ratio, with hundreds of GB of buffer, in some, I have to struggle to maintain it above 1.

I don't use public trackers

I don't want to do this torrent per torrent, I don't have the patience for that kind of things.

Definitely waiting for this feature

x2

Archived