Fluctuating Network Icon.

DBH

I am port forwarded, I have windows exceptions done, yet my network icon never remains as the green tick, it goes back to the yellow triangle and then a few minutes to hours later it flicks back to the green icon???

I have no idea whats going on.

Any ideas anyone, Ive done a search on the forum for similar problems but nothing seems as similar as mine. If i have missed something I apologise just give me the link to read the instructions on how to correct it.

Cheers

DBH

Are you running torrents through that time? If it's staying yellow that means that you're not actively receiving connections. Test OpenOffice torrents to see if you get incoming connections (I flag in Peers tab) and the network status icon changes to green. If so, then you don't have anything to worry about.

I think it's happening hours later because uT doesn't like to overwhelm the status icon by changing immediately if you don't have incoming peers.

Yeah I can download fine and I can seed, it's just confusing me why it keeps flicking back and forth between the green tick and the yellow triangle?

I'm seeding 8 things aswell, do you think that might have something to do with it?

It really is puzzling?

Theres no actual time scale that it flicks back and forth between the two icons sometimes it can flick back and forth within a few minutes and sometimes it can flick back and forth over a few hours?

Archived