Utorrent repeatedly crashing (for no apparent reason!!!)

rswoboda69

Hello, I have now been an avid user or uTorrent for about a year and a half now and have never, ever had any problem with it whatsoever. Just yesterday though, the strangest thing happened. I turned my computer on, and just like any other day, opened up uTorrent. When I tried to open it, I got the following error message "uTorrent has crashed, and uTorrent will now restart." It gave me the options to restart, submit an error dump message, or exit. I wasn't that worried, so I restarted my computer and opening it again, but the same error message kept on coming up. I have, since then, found this site and have now made numerous attempts to fix my problem. Including deleting the settings.dat file, using several virus scan programs and checking different firewall programs. None of these solutions worked at all, so I decided to delete my uTorrent application and all that I have downloaded with it. After deletion I tried re-installing the program, but the same problem continues. So now, I can't even download uTorrent to my computer. Can somebody please help me and tell me what's wrong?

P.S.- As a side not, I have not downloaded or done anything out of the ordinary with my computer for over a month.

If uTorrent isn't running let alone downloaded to your computer it can't pop up a dialog. Can you elaborate a bit on the steps SINCE uninstalling uT you have taken? For ex: "I go to http://_________ to download uT, then I save it to X:\Downloads, Then I run it and get this message box"?

Edit: I'm sure it doesn't need pointing out, but when problems occur it's always a good idea to archive your dat files prior to troubleshooting so you don't have too far to revert should something go amiss :D

Archived