xx/256 nor xx/196 help`s

robbiethief

hi there,

i had all default settings before n i enjoyed 30 kB/s as down and 8kB/s as up,

when i changed the settings to up more to xx/256, my up`s are 45kB/s where as my down is just going 15kB/s or so, i`ve a ADSL connection 256 kbps, now my question is, when the the connection is 256kbps i get down`s of 30kB/s and up`s of 8 kB/s, i selected the setting`s to xx/256 then xx/196 or so, my up`s are stammering high as 45-50kB/s and down same as 10-15 kB/s.though i can limit my speed to any file, i don want too, for i enjoy seeding as i enjoy leeching, i`m told that my line may not be symmetrical, fine, but when i can give so much of up`s why not down`s. my ratio is always 4-5 for any file, more frustration is, some one comes with down speed of 400kB/s and finishes and vanishes. help me equalize my up`s and down`s. even when i watch, the most speed i get is from µ torrent, bit commet or azureus give only 0.1kB/s, is that they limit speed`s to particular peer?

regards

robbie

It is always a good idea to use the Speed Guide settings for your line's UPLOAD as a starting point. If you have a 96Kbps upload then it makes sense for an 8 KiBps limit. However did you upgrade your line?? Moving from 8 to 45 signifies a huge jump to ~ 384Kbps upload linespeed.

Your upload may not be slower than your download if you have the most % on the torrent. Additionally if you are spreading out your upload too far (> 3 torrents, or > 3 upload slots)... Are you sure you're talking about the correct numbers from Ctrl-G (Speed Guide)? xx/256 sets your upload to 22

no. i did not upgrade my line, its 256kbps, speed test reveals my speed as 278kbps and i can download with 35kB/s, as i disturbed the setting to xx/256, my uploads are tremendously fast, my down speed has slowed down, prior to the settings, i used all default settings i.e i installed µtorrent and dint select anything and it was fine with 30-35kB/s down and max up was 8kB/s, i thought of equalizing my ratio and used xx/256, from then my uploads do not tally with my bandwidth, i used xx/196 too, i dint make an inch of a difference, its always above 35kB/s, down never above 18kB/s. i can limit my speed to each file, but when i do it, my down too gets much slower.

i want to know if i can do down and up together at toatl 50-60kB/s, why is it only in uploads why not the down speed?

regards

robbie

OHHHH, hmm good point. Do you know if your line is ... I don't know the term.. variable? As in you get 1Mbit to split however you see fit, the less you up, the more you can down; and vise versa? That is my only idea.. can you set upload to 25 and see if the download splits the difference @ 25 or so?

hey hi there,

i tried to see how it works with bitcomet, first i cut pasted the half done file in other folder, then reloaded the same in bitcomet, i got speeds upto 35kB/s... but it was not stable, i should say this... µtorrent has more stable speeds, now i uninstalled the bitcomet and again tried to install µtorrent, i already existed, i again cut the incomplete file and pasted it in downloads, its currently downloading

but when i cut pasted it and downloaded the file on bitcomet the file was done 35%, when i reloaded it in µtorrent it dint check the file and started downloading, it showed 32% done and downloading, more strange thing is, first i was able to see µtorrent in control panels add/remove programmes list, now its not to be seen!

but its running and downloading too,

can anybody figure out what exactly happened here and enlighten me, i`m totally amazed and blank.

regards robbie

..................................................................................................................

..................................................................................................................

hey hi there,

i did format my system and reinstalled µtorrent with all default settings, did not choose speed from speed guide and just used selected settings(default), i`m back with 32kB/s down speed and 8kB/s up speed.

will equalize my ratio once done downloading,

thanks for the help. ;)

regards

robbie

Archived