Moving files to other drive for another pc to access for uploading.

optimus prime

I have a list of files that I have downloaded on one drive. I have just put together another pc for uploading these files. I have a backup drive attached to my router which all my pc's can access, I want to move these files on my pc to the networked drive so the other pc can use them for uploading.

I moved them acrross to the networked drive, configured uTorrent to access this drive for uploading and it does not see these files. Now I sort of worked out that I need to create the new torrent, ctrl+n, did that, added the trackers, the file came up on uTorrents list for uploading but it still wont upload, it doesn't show the amount of seeds or leechers. Whereas the same file would be uploading away on my pc.

I appologise if this post is breaking the rules, but its not about how to access these files, just moving them.

Thanks.

You don't need anything new. The same torrent on YOUR computer can be used on the OTHER computer (you just have to copy it to THAT computer's local torrent storage folder).

Additionally you will want to make sure your TWO PCs aren't overloading your connection. You should reset either using the Speed Guide or manually each client for half the line's usage to accomplish this.

Are you forwarding a DIFFERENT port to the second PC? Is uT configured for THAT port?

"The same torrent on YOUR computer can be used on the OTHER computer (you just have to copy it to THAT computer's local torrent storage folder)"

I did this and the torrent files did not show up in uT's list. I added them like I said before, to which I think is correct, they did show up then but nothing was happening.

Also I just had uT to configure the ports. Which may be the problem?

Thanks for your quick response too.

Yes, I failed to mention.. unless you copy the EXISTING resume.dat you'll of course have to re-add the torrents, but at least you already have the torrents. In that case you can setup the default directories which allows you to repath everything in one shot... setup your save directory as the network share, setup auto-load for some directory, enable delete don't copy torrents... move the torrents out of torrent storage, and stick them in auto-load directory and uT will auto-add them and see the data in the correct directory once you tell it to "start" :)

If you use UPnP or NAT-PMP it's possible one of the clients is unmasking the others.. verify in your router whether two separate rules have been created.

O.k. So on the second pc I selected the "location of downloaded files" and the "move completed downloads" to one directory, I also selected the "storage for torrent files" and the "move.torrents for finished jobs to", as the same directory, also the auto load directory as all the same. Thats not right is it.

Edit : I says not too so I added a file called auto load torrents and directed it to there. Hope thats right now.

sorry if I sound quite dumb but I have never really played with this before. :/

;) not a problem. Most of it is explained in the User Manual.

From Auto-Load uTorrent puts the torrents in the torrent storage directory OR the settings.dat directory. If you are not doing any downloading on that computer you don't need to enable "move when completed" or "move torrents when completed".

Archived