µtorrent Users Worldwide

robbiethief

I did try bitcomet, azureus but there is nothing like µtorrent so small yet so simple and powerful then any other torrent clients.

azureus claims it has 1.3 millon users at any moment given, i think µtorrent has atleast 10 times more.

I`d like to know how many users does µtorrent have at any given moment?

I know it must be far beyond azureus figures,would like to know, as curosity killed the cat!

;)

I don't think BitTorrent, Inc. is keen to release this bit of data. I daresay that there used to be a feature - Feature: Setting to determine the number of ?Torrent users. but it was removed.

If uT DHT allowed the same "estimation" as Azureus it would be trivial --though noone knows how accurate --to say how many active uT DHT nodes there are at any given time.

I was a regular bitcomet user, the orginal bittorent was my first client then bitcomet. Bitcomet was so slow and taking a lot of resources so I tried other clients til I ran into utorrent. I have went back to azureus a few times because of new features but I wasn't happy with it. Eversince then I only use Utorrent when I'm on windows, I do use ktorrent when I'm on linux or bsd. I wish Utorrent is available for linux lol

hey hi jewelisheaven.

i`m upgrading my line to 2Mbps, but i`ll be capped with my down and up`s from morning 8am to night 2am(2.5gb/month), i`ll get only 6 hours to down and up 2am to 8 am(unlimited), the speed is constant 230kB/s on that line, i`d want to know if we can shut down the machine/µtorrent by exactly 07:59 even if not attended.

regards

robbie

OT, definitely. But your situation is what the Scheduler is HIGHLY useful for. Turn off uT during those non-free hours. You're actually PAYING for 2.5 GiB quota?!? that's a pittance. Less than 90 megs a day. To cut down on additional bandwidth you will also want to turn off DHT while off, and turn off tracker scrapes of queued and stopped torrents. DHT adds up to ~ 5 GIB / mo. when running 24/7; I can't remember exact figures.

hi, ;)

well its a pitty that i get only 2.5 a month during limited period in day time, but on an average i can do 5 GiB during the free time provided by the ISP and that counts to 150 GiB/month.I`ll use the scheduler from now

right now i`m on just 256kbps line, doing 24/7 i dont cross 50GiB/month,

so its a fair deal, n i`m not shelling more than 17$/month for all this.

Thanks for your help JH

regards

robbie

....................................................................................................................

........................................***************.................................................

What is this ``Copy Magnet URI`` in 1.8 beta?

thnx ultima.

:)

...............................................*****************.......................................

...............................................*****************.......................................

in flags we do see some IP nos, but do not see the country flags. why is it so?

example 59.xx.xxx.xxx... for IP`s nos starting with 59 or 87 or 200.

for example we see a flag for an ip address starting with 121.xx.xx.xx

but sometimes in the same peer list we do not see a flag for similar IP address starting with 121.yy.yy.yy..? is it due to difference in between static and dynamic IP address?

got it ;)

thnx

................................................*************.............................................................................................*************.............................................

hi thr to one and all,

i got a message stating new updates are available(1.8 beta build 9272), when i said ok and clicked ``yes``, µtorrent did exit, i got this message,

``the µtorrent updater failed. the error is: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.``

Archived