[Icons, toolbars, tabs, status] Tango!

N3fr0n

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

pfft. You're lucky I chopped out the right 2 16^2 areas

I have to admit it looks suave. If there were more definition between "active" and "inactive" states though that's my idea. You know how some show the inactive state at like half-opacity... or just a lighter colouring.

Someone, please delete the post by "Tamilboy|tamilgfx.dk" in program icons. It's a total rip of my black filetype icon... :mad:

Edit: No – something messed up? Now I see it's only bad preview... sorry for my impetuosity.

Edit: 1.8 tabs updated.

Edit: I had to reupload one toolbar, it simply disappeared.

Edit: jewelisheaven, it has 80% opacity, but er... yes, it's fairly unnoticeable. I'll look at it in a week (going away).

Yep, it looks like the problems with bad previews are gone! Whooa...

Osmosis, why do you think you're stepping on my toes? It's simply OK (I quite like the stop and paused status, I thought about making it the same way but I wanted the status icons to correspond with the toolbar)…

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These icons are perhaps the best set for uT ATM, or at least I can't find anything better :)

Now that I've used it for some time, I think I could give an idea for a usability improvement.

The two "tracker error" icons are IMHO too similar to the "normal" icons and, as the informative part of the icon is at the top/bottom of it, I have to double check to make sure that it is the right torrent I have selected and not the one above/bellow.

I have a hard time telling if it is the 3rd and 5th or 4th and 6th torrents that have problems:

arrows.png

Moving the significant part of the icon closer to its center will cure that, or perhaps making the icons solid colour (red). Or having a small version of the "error" triangle icon sitting over the arrow, like the clock for the "queued" icons. Actually I think that the triangle icon will even make it more consistent.

well, that is my opinion at least... Very nice icons anyway :)

I thought about it for a while and I appreciate your idea. However, I made somehting and I'm not sure with…

http://lkg.xf.cz/odkladacka/tstatus_.bmp

Edit: Wait a moment… I'll try something else. :D

Edit: Yeah. That's it.

http://lkg.xf.cz/odkladacka/tstatus__.bmp

Thanks, I'll update it on the skins page soon. :)

Edit: Bah? It contains 1.8 new icons thus I can't upload it.

Archived