uTorrent saves torrents in app. data

fluxiontech

• 4 years later...

The best thing is to have separate and descriptive folders for each function.

Options --> Preferences --> Directories

..... Location of Downloaded Files section ...........................

Check "Put new downloads in" and specify the location

Example: C:\uTorrent\Torrent not-complete

Check "Move completed downloads to" and specify the location

Example: C:\uTorrent\Torrent Complete

I also checked "Only move from the default download directory" because these locations were setup before any files were downloaded. You may not want to check this. It is up to you.

.....Location of .torrents section ..................................

Check "Store .torrents in" and specify the location

Example: C:\uTorrent\Torrent Files .torrent

Check only if you feel you need this. I chose not to. "Move .torrents for finished jobs to" and specify the location

Example: C:\uTorrent\Finished Torrent Files .torrent

Check "Automatically load .torrents from" and specify the location

Example: C:\uTorrent\Torrent Auto Load

If you don't check "Delete loaded .torrents" the file extension will be appended (changed) with .loaded

Example: 'black book of emergency medicine.torrent' would become 'black book of emergency medicine.torrent.loaded'

If you check the box the loaded torrent will be removed from this folder. There will be a copy of the file in C:\uTorrent\Torrent Files .torrent.

Sometimes torrent files will have an encryption key looking file name. You will want to save the torrent file in the autoload directory after changing the file name to one that describes what it is.

Example: '5E22339E6FF114356189454159DD5AEDF4CE797B.torrent' rename to 'black book of emergency medicine.torrent'

Now you have control over it all. I would not delete the .torrent files. They do not take that much space on a 500 gig or 2 tera hard drive(s). I have 1,675 .torrent files and they take less than 55 MB. After a while save them on a CD and store them you might need them again later for what ever reason.

Archived