Different Port Forwarding Problem

On3

ok! first i know how to portforward on almost all routers and gateways

but this is the first time i encountered this kind of problem with my new ISP

when i forward the port 6*** successfully with my prolink H9300G, its ok

but the problem is, whenever i check it on utorrent's check if port is forwarded,

it says error., the ODD part is that the WAN ip i have in my gateway is diff. than the utorrent is showing, also on other website to check your ip... it's odd coz ive never encountered this kind of issue

can someone help me pls. or explain what to do.. ty

nop!!

This is what i have on my prolink h9300G

WAN

ipwan

PPPoE Connection Connection established

Connected time so far 00:11:43s

IP Address 203.177.179.191

Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255

NOW THIS is what i get on my utorrent port check

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 6113 on 222.127.223.69...

Error! Port 6113 does not appear to be open.

i dont know why im getting this, i dont know if there is somethin i should change on my gateway or somethin.. the only website that can detect my IP correctly is the https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=6113 website!

Hmmmm... K I dunno the exact course of action you'll need to follow however GTHK made a lovely guide for people behind NAT with PPP connections... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=315053#p315053

It may be there is nothing you can do about the forwarding if you're setup on the prolink correctly for the forwarding rule... You may even need to change the IP reported to tracker in the preferences. However this will need to change every time your IP changes :/ So I'd look through GTHK's guide first.

thank you, but id tried it too., when i check on the preferences to report ip., it ddnt change the ip from utorrent port check...

honestly., this is really the first time ive encountered this.. and as far as i know you were right. it only happens if you are on a proxy server.. but there is also 1 thing thats bothering me.,.

im not sure but, i think my connection is rerouting itself to the ip 222.127.223.69 and 222.127.223.72..

oooh its killing me.. i hope in due time ill find a way to fix this... thanks for the time jewel.

If it's rotating between those it sounds like you're simply behind several "out" proxies :/ Oh No, the Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent -> "IP/Hostname to report to tracker" won't affect your test IP, it's for other peers to connect to you if you find even after forwarding people don't connect to you. In that event the ISP's proxying of your content is telling people you have the different IP. Telling them DIRECTLY your IP as you know it should provide this ability for incoming connections :)

Test with http://www.slackware.com/torrents/ for quick results as you change settings.

Archived