***Slow Uploads*** HELP

fiala06

So i just got comcast (6mb) about a month ago and noticed something really funny with my seeds.

They normally only upload at about 45kbs. But when I limit them to say 20kbs for about 1 min and change it back to Unlimited upload rate it will upload at 180kbs for about 45 secs.

I know there is plenty to see on all 8 of my torrents with some saying seeds(534) peers(5818)

To me thats saying there is something wrong with my connection.

As far as downloading stuff there is no problem. REALLY FAST!

Some things I have done:

Protocol Encryption Outgoing: Enabled with check in Allow incoming legacy connections.

Increased my upload slots(just tried figured it would really help)

Configured my router(port forwarding)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sounds like speedboost-esque feature.... Many cable providers allow buffered download/upload up to a certain extent. This means that say for your 45 seconds you uploaded 8 megabytes, up to the maximum theoretical speed of the whole trunk line (I think that's what they're called)... of wihch you are one of many nodes on said trunk line.

If your line gets a speedtest of < 512 Kbit / sec you will not upload faster than 60 KiByte/sec

If during speedtests you get a message "line compression detected" this is verification of this practice.

There is nothing wrong, your ISP has every right to "accelerate" a certain amount of data. If you like what you can try is to have the automatic upload limit feature enabled and poll it just often enough that between tests after starting uT will "toggle" between your set limit average of something like 45 and the increased speeds you get for this boost. NOTE: The boost you get is artificial. Your line cannot sustain that much upload unless your speedtest UPLOAD value is well over 1500Kbit/sec

OK I just ran a speedtest.net here are the results

Upload - 1163 KB/s

Download - 8150 KB/s

I have been looking for the Automatic Uplaod Limiter u talked about. Where is it?

Thanks

O and I forgot to mention when I am able to upload at a faster speed @ usually 180 KB/s it seem to be only 6 MB at a time then it will drop back down to about 50 KB/s

It is nearly impossible to get uTorrent to automatically take advantage of temporary speed boosts such as ComCast has.

Your best bet is to manually turn off upload speed limits for 1 minute at a time every 10+ minutes then turn them back on.

And otherwise leave your upload speed limit at 45 KB/sec or less.

No, not factor...

Set the interval to 600 seconds (or thereabouts), then the sample window to 60 seconds. If timed correctly (and assuming Comcast does unlock the bandwidth exactly every 10 minutes, this will cause the rate testing (unlimited) to go for 60 seconds every 10 minutes.

The point is to leave the upload rate uncapped during that time period. In fact, factor should probably be lowered to offset the fact that the upload rate during the boosted period is higher than the normal upload rate capacity (otherwise, µTorrent would incorrectly assume the connection is actually that fast normally and use X% of the observed boosted speeds).

You're missing the point... I said the window should be set to 60 seconds -- the supposed length of the speed boost period. What for? So that during that period, there is effectively no upload rate limit in µTorrent while it proceeds to "test" the upload rate. We don't want the upload rate to be set to a higher rate after the speed boost period ends because the speed boost is only temporary.

Archived