Speed tab functionability request

Technical_13

You have the speed tab set up as a grid, however the top speed is the top of the grid, and 0 is the bottom with no reference in the middle. Could you make it so that it snaps in incriments? Like if I'm on a 768K connection (As I set up in speed settings) and DLing/ULing at 327K than it could snap to 0k - bottom, 100k - first grid line, 200k - middle line, 300k - next line, 400k top line? If I go over 400k than it could snap to like 0k, 150k, 300k, 450k, 600k, or if I'm on dial-up than maybe 0k, 2k, 4k, 6k, 8k? You get the idea anyways. Thank you.

However if it is constantly changing it can be a pain to figure it out. If my top is 326k by the time i figure the 3/4 line (326/4)*3 = 243k my top may have gone up to 371k. what a pain to have to start over (371/4)*3 = 279.25k. If the grid stayed @ top=400k than I don't have to constantly have to try and keep up with recalculating.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the above idea, and though my post has nothing to do with it, it is regarding the speed tab...

Often, you will find that the speed can be very erratic. What do people think of adding an accuracy/precision feature so that you can get the graph to curve automatically (if enabled)? Maybe implmented as a slider or something...

I have figured out a semi-solution to my delema. If my max DL is running at about 350-390 I just set my DL limit to 400, if I go above 390, I bump it up 100 to 500. It gives some sanity to the scale and prevents the "jumpin around". I usually monitor my DLs for the most part so this is a fair solution. If however I was to leave one going overnight I could see it as hindering my DL some, though I guess I could turn the limit off til I got back up. I would still like to see my origional post as a feature in a future version thank you.

Archived