How do I adjust stalled torrent threshold?

radium

I'm downloading several torrents, some of which have very low down speeds: typically less than 2kB/s. As a result, when using the recommended settings, uTorrent gets "stuck" downloading these torrents under-utilizing my download bandwidth. It appears the uTorrents stalled torrent threshold, the point where uTorrent considers a download has stalled and starts the next torrent in the queue, is set around 1kB/s. It would be more efficient it this setting was 5kB/s in my case. How do I do this?

P.S. I know I could up the number of simultaneous downloads parameter, but attended operation, this can cause my download bandwidth to be come saturated causing my ISP via the DSLAM to log me out.

Sure is... obvious with the developers' broadening of accepting and conforming to user expectations for their uT. 1.7 increased the habits for uT to obey your settings... and 1.8 increases this with better Vista support and more features.

You can always try it out self-encapsulated so it doesn't mess with current settings.

You can find 1.8 Beta in the Announcements forum.

I'm not sure from how you phrased your reply what your point is...

What I meant by obvious is: a very useful feature to have, an easily implementable feature since it only requires a UI to modify a parameter that must exist in the current code, and that such a feature already exists in similar applications. I came from Azureus a few years ago and at least at the time, the download stall threshold was user settable.

I'll wait for 1.8 to come out and this feature will be useful to me.

jewelisheavens point was that you could create an isolated version of µT with the 1.8 beta and test it out. The options made available in it are "queue.slow_ul_threshold" and "queue.slow_dl_threshold" with a settable value (default 1000 bytes). 1.8 is already very stable, in fact I use it like a stable one, except I occasionally backup µT's appdata.

Don't see what, the options on 1.8, or what I mean by isolated µT? It's like having different µT's, each with its own settings and torrents. The link in jewelisheavens post has instructions, doing this would allow you to test 1.8 without changing anything in 1.7.7.

GTHK - thanks again. You have answered my question, now several times. Your original response was sufficient, indicated that the upcoming 1.8 would include a user settable threshold. As to jewelisheaven reference to "obvious," I still don't now what his point is, it certainly didn't add anything to the discussion or to the answer to my original question. His eluding to the beta and encapsulation certainly didn't illuminate his original point, at least as he phrased it, and I was quite satisfied anyway from your original answer that 1.8 would include the "obvious" feature anyway.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. Didn't mean to.

Just ignore him.

Anyway, the real reason that the feature never got implemented earlier...

is that I honestly forgot to file it in the todo. I thought I had, but I checked not too long ago, and I hadn't. It was implemented post-haste. :P

Archived