Double port forwarding

n1nA8RFL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What he means is he has a double NAT. ECG, what are the two routers you have? And do you have computers connected to both routers? Or is it router > router > All your computers? If you have computers on both routers, how many do you have, and can you put them all on one router?

If you need to login though then it's required for using the service. Having a WAN IP of 0.0.0.0 isn't right though, and you wont be able to forward with an address like that. Look to see if it or your modem is in bridge mode. I'm looking at a Dynex manual but it doesn't seem to have Dynamic/Static PPPoE, just PPPoE. If you can't find bridge, check the IP again, in the WAN area, status tab, you can't forward to 0.0.0.0.

And that's for the first router? If yes, then it makes sense. What's the LAN IP for the first router, and the WAN and LAN IP's for the second router, all of those should start with 192.168. You need to have the first router port forward to the second router, then have the second router port forward to the µT computer. If the address of the second router is dynamic though, you need to configure a static one, the same should also be done for the µT PC.

Yes it's the first one. Are you saying that the WAN and LAN IP's of R2 should start with 192.168? The LAN IP for R1 is 192.168.0.1. I already made the IP addresses of R2 and the µT computer static. On R2 i have a LAN port and an Internet port which i'm assuming is WAN correct?

Now it says the port is open but I could have sworn I did this exact same thing before and after a bit it wasn't open anymore.

And really thanks for all your help. It's greatly appreciated.

Port forwarding doesn't give you an instant speed boost. It makes you more connectable, which means you have more potential sources for your data.

Just to be sure... did you set a static IP up for your computer outside of the router's DHCP range, and make the inner router have a static IP outside of the outer router's DHCP range?

Make sure you forward TCP and UDP, if you have a both option, that should work. Also, the DHCP range is normally 100-149. In the router it'll either be a range, or a starting address with the number or allowed clients. You want an address outside the DHCP range, and lower then 255.

Heh, it seems you are triple-NAT'd. The Westell does act as a router as well. You've got one heck of a network setup there... Any reason you need all three routers?

You need to set the IPs to be outside the DHCP range, not inside. You'll need to do it for all devices behind NATs (the Dynex, the Netgear, and your computer).

so if my pc's ip is 192.168.5.136 and the router is 192.168.0.100 it should be ok?

My Internet connection comes in through the garage to the modem which connects to the dynex router that sends it to rooms inside the house. In one of those rooms there is a wireless router (Netgear). That's why it's so convoluted.

Archived