Need help with Vista speeds

858balla

Getting pretty crappy speeds lately. My download is 4376 kbps and my upload is 96 kB/ps.

I am downloading with torrents with lots of seeds. So thats not the problem. My port is forwarded correctly. And i havent messed with any advanced settings. And i have my upload speed at 96 kB/ps so thats not an issue.

Any help would be nice.

If your speedtest is 96 upload you do not set uT to 96. You should use the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G). There is an 8:1 discrepancy between Kbit and KByte (former is speedtest, latter is what uT uses).

However if it's a transient decrease... you can check something like http://www.slackware.com/torrents/ to be sure you can still download @ 4Mbit. If not then you should call up your ISP and find out if there are any local outages.

... right. the xx/768 Speed Guide drop down sets upload @ 72 because it puts 75% as the factor. So you're not getting 72 KiBps sustained then? 5 slots in 5 torrents means you have a total output of 25 clients you can be connecting to (if not utilizing the <90% option) ... are you connecting to clients? What kind of speeds ARE you getting in uT?

Archived