Torrent Queue and Seeding Etiquette

ColleenF-H

By default the Ctrl-P -> Queueing settings are adequate... they keep the torrent seeding until 1.5 ratio and 90 minutes of seeding. You'll know when the torrents are no longer under Queue restrictions when the * in "#" column goes away. As a downloading torrent the # shows the queue order, once it goes to seeding it changes to * when the queue rules apply and when it's blank they have been satisfied.

Hi. Is it considered rude not to forward ports? Shields Up says my computer is very stealthy and I'd like to keep it that way. But I also don't want to be thought of as a "leech". How disgusting.

Does MicroTorrent automatically arrange for you to 'give' more than you receive?

Thank you for your response, Ultima. I've been considering using file sharing for a while but I was worried about security. I've downloaded one very obscure item using 1.7.7 and it was slower than steam off of cold shit. I think it was a combination of me bolloxing up the settings and not forwarding a port. It DID work though.

Thank you again for your response. :cool:

Archived