Download STUCK

hellsin

Hello all,

My connection speed is limited in a odd way, it only downloads around 80-95 kbs and thats on a good day, i have a 1mb road runner connection so it should be dling around 512 kbs i assume, i honestly dont kno to much about computers and teh internet but i have tried portforwarding and for some reason the port isnt open and now my dl speed has reached an even lower numbe rand will not go past 10kbs pls help ive tried all the easy fixes and help guide that i could find on this site but nothing seems to pinpoint it, any help is appreciated and thank you.

-S I N-

Roadrunner is ~ 6Mbit down and .5Mbit up for the base package. For TURBO you can supposedly get 10-12 Mbit down and 1Mbit up.

Please go through Ultima's How-To for Troubleshooting and list what you changed. Can you check to see if http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm has your router model? Sometimes the exact model isn't necessary, a close one will do.

Afterwards be sure you tested one of the torrents from http://utorrent.com/setup_guide.php (OpenOffice or Slackware) for speeds. Pay attention to the tips in the How-To post #2 for changing encryption and disabling features to try and make a difference in download.

wow, i wish i was more tech savey, i still cant seem to fix this problem im having, infact the average dl speed has now dropped to 2 kbs and i had setup a static ip following the guide to the point of perfection but it din work either... arg i guess im jus outta luck,

i also jus tested my dl speed with two dif places and they hovered around 680-740kbs with 120'ish upload

and one more thing, i was looking at my advanced options for utorrent and i was wondering how i should have them set exactly?

You only change Ctrl-P -> Advanced options after you read the parts of the uT User Manual and understand what you're changing.

80 KiBps in uT on a speedtest of 768 is very good. If you're only getting 120 upload though.... you are having some major trouble with your cable line. Basic cable connections can use xx/384 in the Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) but with those speeds it should be xx/128

Were you running any other bandwidth applications during the speedtest? HTTP, FTP, or bittorrent clients?

Can you go through what you changed after reading the setup guide and help guide?

Archived