Please Help!!!

Makko

I'm always getting a yellow icon. I have already forwarded my ports and done many configurations in my pc and router which is D-Link DI-604. I have followed all the instructions given in the port forwarding site and I think that it is not the problem anymore but I have no idea what is the reason why I am always getting the yellow icon. Please help...

Error! Port 44750 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

-- But I don't have a peerguardian2 or protowall. I downloaded ipfilter.dat earlier this afternoon but because of this message. But nothing still works. Does it have something to do with my router? because there is an issue regarding the UPnP that does not work in uTorrent?

The LAN is exactly as you said same and the subnet mask is as usual but I don't have any values on WAN. There is a button on the option on the dynamic IP address. I don't have any values on the host name only the MAC address has a value the primary and secondary DNS addresses are all 0, the MTU is 1500 and auto-reconnect is disabled...are these configuration in the WAN correct in the DLink??? I tried to enable the static IP address in WAN and inputted the values in network connection settings but the my router stopped. Help...

Unless I'm missing something the Dlink MUST have a WAN IP. It bridges your ISP --> LAN, meaning it has to recognize itself on SOME external IP... external to your LAN, which has the ability for multiple computers to connect to the same internet.

It sounds like the DLink isn't configured correctly for your internet. The static IP address bits are for your computers. You don't need to do that in a ROUTER like the dlink unless it ALSO connects to a router. To find out you need to look for the MODEM's (what the router connects to) Make/Model.... see if the MODEM is listed @ http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm .

I think the WAN in my router is set to default and if try to change it the router stops working and I have to reset it again can you give me the configurations I need in WAN? and also I have done forwarding the port in the link you gave but the problem isn't solved. I'm not very familiar in the MODEM's model. Please give me instructions on how to do it step by step. Thanks...

No, there are no IP's in my WAN settings. And the default setting of WAN in my router is in Dynamic mode where it get IP address automatically from my ISP provider and the primary and secondary DNS servers and MAC address are the only ones open for editing... Is the 121.xx.xx.xx in the site you gave is the WAN I should use? How can I put this in my router? Should I use Dynamic IP address, Static IP address PPPoE or others (PPTP, BigPond cable, L2TP and Tella)? What if my firewall is not working is there an instance that it affects my connection? "Windows cannot display the properties of this connection. The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Information might be corrupted". Is the message in the firewall so I disabled the firewall connection in uTorrent does that affect in some way?

BTW I am getting "Error: I could not see your service on 121.1.61.203 on port (44750)

Reason: Connection refused" in http://www.canyouseeme.org/, and I used the port that I use in uTorrent. I got very slow download speed of 0.30 kb/s!!!! but my upload is 10 kb/s!!! It's very frustrating...

OK So the router is connecting directly to your ISP.... which is good but it doesn't rule out the modem as a firewall. Can you try connecting to the modem to see if it has firewall capabilities? Common IPs for that include 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.100.254. If the modem does not have any of the firewall/NAT capability it could just be the ISP blocks certain ports outright.

I tried connecting my modem directly to my PC is that what you're trying to tell? Well, It still did not work :( It's still the same and my firewall is still the same I think there is something wrong when I installed my windows xp but I reformatted my pc twice already and the result is still the same. Is there anyway I can fix my firewall or disable it in my pc?

• 1 month later...

Ok, so your problems are A). Your firewall sucks and B). Your in a double NAT. My guide mentions double NATing. First order of business, remove one of the NAT's, your port is forwarded in your router correct? Connect directly to the modem, check your addresses on the computer again, use the gateway address to try and connect to the modem, example, http://192.168.1.1 is mine because my gateway is 192.168.1.1. Look for connection type, and see if it's PPPoE/PPPoA, if not, just set it to bridge mode. If it is, read my guide so you understand what you have to do afterwards, and set it to bridge mode.

i tried using the PPPoE in my router but i don't know what to put in the fields should i use. i tried using my username and password in the fields but after that i can't use the internet. i think my isp is using PPPoE. oh BTW when i directly connected to my modem i got a different IP 192.168.224.* but when i connect the router i got 192.168.0.*. should i forward the IP found when connecting directly to the modem?

i can't access my modem's config i think my modem is not a router. i can't establish a connection with the server's gateway. this is getting a little frustating my upspeed is 37 kb/s but my downspeed is 1.7 kb/s! oh man!

Archived