Something is causing my computer to freeze

horky2k

Ive got a huge problem, which has been picking my brains for the last days.

The problem is that in task manager uTorrent is hogging 50% of my CPU, this eventually causes the computer to freeze if I just let uTorrent idle and not doing anything else on the computer.

I use NOD32 v3.xx at the moment and have heard and read that there might be some conflicts between these two.

Any suggestions?

Comp. specs:

Windows XP Pro. SP2

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz

2816 MB RAM

Radeon X1650 256 MB

Thanks

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Also, Start > Rin > devmgmt.msc

Check the primary and secondary IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers' properties to see if any of the connected devices' current transfer modes are in PIO.

Sure thing, Ill do it right now:)

EDIT:

Ive installed NetLimiter Pro, last time it was installed I disabled the firewall, now it is enabled and uTorrent is running smoothly. When I disable the FW in NetLimiter uTorrent hogs my CPU usage after an hour or two.

Archived