sudden low speed after year of no problem utorrent use...

4u4a

Hi! I am from Japan.Using windows XP .have been using Utorrent for over a year with download speed up to 1mb/s...havent made any changes in my sistem recently but 3 days ago my speeds drop to 10kb/s....whats wrong? no matter what torrent im trying...I usualy download from mininova ...Thanks from desperate girl!!

Is it possible your ISP is one of the ones which made news complying and helping the *AA organizations prosecute and/or disconnect filesharers?

You can double check if you need to try some of How-To for Troubleshooting post #2 to decrease your presence... by testing http://slackware.com/torrents/

If after 2-5 minutes you're not increasing your download to previous levels, try changing some settings and then run it again :(

Thanks for your reply! My ISP is the bigest in Japan and as now in Japan is happening a HUGE fight against DVD piracy than i think its possible...how can I know for sure? I already tried downloading slackware..after 5 min from download start my speed got to 60kb/s(but its far from what it used to be :( ) and other torrents are still on 5kb/s!.....what does it mean?

That's my signature, bridge mode is normally used when people have a really crappy router that stops transferring data after using µT for a while because of bad hardware/software, D-Link DSL routers are an example.

HEY YA!! I ve solved my problem! I downloaded Beta 1.8 version of Utorrent cause I read that it can help those with bad ISP and it did! It helped! so i guess my ISP indeed joined the P2P fight and block the trafic.You can add it to your bad ISP list.It is called NIFTY(Japan). OH! And VIVA UTORRENT AND ALL GREAT MINDS BEHIND IT!!!

Archived