I don't know

zazzy

Gentlemen, something is happening and I don't know what. When I start utorrent, my computer stops. It downloads with very high speed, according to task manager the processor is about 2-5% busy, but the hard disk is shining like sun, and the machine is absolutely unusable. It just stops until the download task is complete. After that if I don't turn of utorrent the things remain the same. I've tried with Flashget, with Opera, but no results. Is there anybody that can help me. I am tired of reinstalling Windows XP (it helps, but just for few hours) Obviously I've made something wrong, but I don't know what. Any advice will be apreciated. Thank You.

Best regards - zazzy

If you've had to reinstall XP ... it's a sign of hardware problems... most likely, double check your hard disk controllers in Device Manager. Usually the current transfer mode lapsing into PIO mode instead of UDMA is responsible for this unresponsiveness.

So the CPU and RAM usage are low, but you can't do anything because of hard disk activity?? Can you also check to make sure your pagefile is not setup wonky. As RAM fills up and more is saved to the pagefile on disk it's possible all the swapping is causing this.

Archived