Auto-label torrents

Ryz

branir: It may be nice but not very practical.

TV: It may help a little, but you still would have to organize sub folders. If the torrent was a season, then it would have a sub-folder, otherwise it would be loaded directly into the TV directory. Those single file torrents would have to be moved into their corresponding sub-directory for the season they are supposed to be in.

Music: Same thing - Assuming you wanted to organized by Artist. Albums would be ok since they would have their own sub-folder.

In all cases you would still have to fix the file name to the convention you have adopted. (More so on videos and television than with music.)

Audio books have the same issue as video as far as file naming.

My point is you would only save a little time with this feature. The files would still need to be organized further. And assuming you did organize your torrents by TV, Movies, etc. you can do that now within torrent by specify the target location with via the load process - where at the same time you can change the folder name into a format that meets a users naming convention.

If there was an "Industry Standard" on the naming of Torrent folders, and the data file names being downloaded - without all the extra junk attached folder name (for example, user handle, codec, the words rip, etc.) and each show (in a television season) having a title (if available), etc. this type of feature would have more value. But as it stands now, this should not be the "Top of the TODO list".

• 4 weeks later...
branir: It may be nice but not very practical.

TV: It may help a little, but you still would have to organize sub folders. If the torrent was a season, then it would have a sub-folder, otherwise it would be loaded directly into the TV directory. Those single file torrents would have to be moved into their corresponding sub-directory for the season they are supposed to be in.

Music: Same thing - Assuming you wanted to organized by Artist. Albums would be ok since they would have their own sub-folder.

I disagree, I have different programs monitoring different downloadfolders.

ex.: The folder Music is monitored using mediamonkey which automatically organises my music files, Series is monitored by TheRenamer (scheduled task), Movies is also monitored using TheRenamer (another schedules task with different settings).

Archived