Blue Screen opening UTorrent

Thorrax

Hello Friends,

This is my first post here and I hope it is the appropriate area, if not, please accept my apologies.

I have not used utorrent in a few months and recently, I tried using it and everytime i tried to open it to download, it crashed to the blue screen of death. I thought maybe I could uninstall it and re-install, but so no way to do so.

Should I download the latest version and try that, will that possibly fix the issue?

Thank you,

Thorrax

Sorry, no I did not, all I remember was it said it was dumping something and it gave me a numerical code like 0x00000053 (or similair). A friend thought it could have just been an old version of utorrent and it was conflicting with my CA anti virus. I replied to him that I have not changed anything before this happened other than not using utorrent for about 6 months.

I was trying as I said to find out how to uninstall and reinstall, but cant figure that out. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Thorrax

CA Anti-virus is crap, they flagged µT as a virus just because it was compressed. Get the BSOD error, not the generic computer shutdown for safety crap, just the error and if available, a file name. If you have reboot automatically set you'll need to disable it. Also, make sure your drivers are up to date, but don't download ATi video card drivers through Microsoft, they screw up badly.

Archived