Port problem even though I'm using a modem?!

Monsignor

Hi, first of all I posted this problem in 'speed problems' because that is essentially what this is, but as my thread is the only one in that section that remains unanswered, I thought I'd try this section.

I've been using utorrent for a long time and never had any problems, but today I've been having extremely low speed all day, the little icon in the bottom is yellow (turned red at one point but now yellow again).

When I click on it, then click on 'test if port is forwarded properly', it says there's a problem, but as I'm using a modem, not a router (meaning I'm connected directly to the network), I believe I'm supposed to not have to forward ports?! I know I've never had to worry about that stuff up until now.

I'm using Windows XP, utorrent 1.6, D-Link DSL-360R modem.

If someone has any ideas, shoot...

I think i had the same problem..press start/conect to/show all conections..if its the same problem that i had then you will see two conections..1st is the conection from your pc to your modem and the other one is the conection from your modem into the network..try to enable both of them in the same time..i think the 2nd conection sposed to be called "dsl".. sorry about my bad english i hope it helpd you..

Archived