lost downloads

Shakis

:( The resume.dat was corrupted. If you open %APPDATA%\uTorrent and see a larger resume.dat.old you may be able to salvage it. If not you will have to recheck the files. This is usually done after you load a torrent, if it's not you can right click force recheck. As long as uT looks for the right file in the right place it will go back to where it was before. There may be some % missing due to incomplete Pieces in progress at the time of the crash.

both resume and resume.dat.old are the same size

sorry im being a complete idiot here, what do you mean about the recheck?

edit:

force rechecked and its still at 0.0% ... uch well ill just download it again lol thankx for the help anyway

If you originally saved the files somewhere perhaps when you reloaded the torrent it was not put in the same place?

When stopped you can right click, advanced, set download location to tell uT where to find the torrent's data.

If you changed the data locations after your previous adding, perhaps you may want to change the default download location in Preferences to save this repath for future torrents you re-add. Also after experiencing this previously I made a guide of my tips on backups which I would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to lose their saved state by having to readd everything in the event some inadvertant power loss or improper shutdown makes uT's resume.dat unusable again.

It's important to note also there is a 30 second window after you start uT and notice the resume.dat was loaded blank... at which you can salvange the old resume.dat.old (by making a copy for example), to examine and perceive the error.

Archived