Choose files before download

eisa01

Could it be possible to be able to choose what files you download in the torrent file before the download actually begins? Kinda like bitcomet lets you.

it is possible already. look at the "files" tab under the torrent you want.

highlight the unwanted files and select "don't download"

btw, it would be great it the torrent woud show complete and move to a different folder when it download the particular files you want.

otherwise it will never complete, since you selected to download only a part.

Could it be possible to be able to choose what files you download in the torrent file before the download actually begins? Kinda like bitcomet lets you.

Not possible after all (unless you make new torrents start in stopped mode, select the files, then manually start it -- cumbersome).

@Ultima: I don't know if you misunderstood the above posters. In BitComet, when you open a multi-file torrent you get a choice of which files you wish to download before the torrent starts. It is extremely sleek and efficient, saving additional steps, costing no extre clicks if you wish all files, and saves pre-allocation of files you do not want. A highly attractive feature.

@Ultima: I don't know if you misunderstood the above posters. In BitComet, when you open a multi-file torrent you get a choice of which files you wish to download before the torrent starts. It is extremely sleek and efficient, saving additional steps, costing no extre clicks if you wish all files, and saves pre-allocation of files you do not want. A highly attractive feature.
Hm... I think you misunderstood me. I was pointing out to sputnik that utorrent doesn't have the feature that eisa01 was requesting, contrary to what he said...

I already knew that BitComet had such a feature... it was my default client before switcing, and I liked the feature. Notice how I said that the only way to do this right now is very cumbersome? :)

Most people download everything in the torrent package though. Don't be lazy.
Yes, most people do download everything in the torrent package. But it can be made so that everything is checked to be download by default. In the end, you still have to tell utorrent where to save the files anyhow. I don't see how this feature can't be integrated into that "Save to" dialog.

You misunderstood me, I want to do it before the download starts, right after the save dialog or in it.

Great that I'm not the only one who wants this!

Archived